With the NPA’s survey showing that parking operations in the US, and particularly at airports, are reporting decreasing revenues, we thought that recently published recommendations of a parking consultant at Dallas Fort Worth Airport would be interesting to our readers.
According to the Dallas News, the highlights of the consultant’s recommendations are:
- D/FW should launch a loyalty program and start a “premium reserved parking product” in Terminal D that would guarantee a space near the front of the terminal to anyone who wants to drive up and pay a premium.
- Start an advance reservation system, and build a dedicated website for D/FW parking
- Raise prices for terminal parking by an additional $2 per hour next year, and $1 per hour every three years after that.
- Raise prices at Express and
- Remote parking by $1 per hour, and try to find ways to fix the Remote product, which isn’t making any money for the airport.
The recommendations are projected to increase revenue from $95 million today to $166 million.